Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm reviewing video game soundtracks now!

Not in any official context. That's just what my next project is going to be for this blog.

I've always loved video games of all types, but this last year is when I've gotten really, REALLY into them. I've found so many new games that I love. And what's the the thing I pay attention to most, as a typical cynical musician? The soundtrack.

It should be pretty obvious that soundtracks are hugely important to games. While there are good games that manage to succeed despite having crappy music, the gaming experience is affected more than anything by the sounds accompanying the action on screen.

Having listened to many game soundtracks, I've decided to start placing my thoughts and opinions on various OSTs here. Not every soundtrack that I review will be from a game that I've played, though most will.

So yeah...look forward to more reviews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment